RANZCOG recognises SurgicalPerformance users earning 1 CPD hour for every 6 cases completed in SurgicalPerfomance, plus users can also earn CPD hours for self-reflection and for evaluating SurgicalPerfomance. Here we explain how it is easily done.
Prior to the most recent CPD changes in June 2022, SurgicalPerformance users were able to claim 1 point for every 12 cases entered into SurgicalPerformance.
In the new CPD system (starting from 1 July 2022), a total of 50 hours are required per annum. RANZCOG recognizes three ways that CPD hours can be earned with SurgicalPerformance:
- Outcome Measurement (OM): For every 6 cases in SurgicalPerformance, you can claim 1 CPD hour in OM. However, these SurgicalPerformance cases need to have completed a 4 to 6 weeks follow up. A minimum of 12 cases/2 hours are required to claim CPD. For RANZCOG, you need to claim a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 30 hours in the OM category.
- Performance Review (PR): You can claim up to 3 CPD hours by reviewing your SurgicalPerformance outcomes data with a peer (colleague).
- Evaluation of SurgicalPerformance: By evaluating SurgicalPerformance, you can claim an additional 2 hours CPD. Click here to access the evaluation form.
Table 1: Annual allocation of hours for Outcome Measurement (OM) and Performance Review (PR)
|Total (hours)||Educational activities||Outcome Measurement (OM)||Performance Review (PR)||Remaining OM/PR||Remaining Hours|
How you do this:
- Login to your SurgicalPerformance account
- You will automatically be directed to the Dashboard page
- On this page scroll down until you can see the box “CPD points”. Click on it. A larger window will open. You can adjust the CPD “From – To” date period, which should be your CPD period (for example: 1July 2022 – 31 December 2023). SurgicalPerformance will automatically suggest how many CPD hours you earned in the Outcome Measurement (OM) category (you will be granted 1 hour for every 6 cases entered).
- To claim Outcome Measurement (OM), click on your SurgicalPerformance user ID (right hand top corner of the screen). A menu will open and you select “CPD certificate”. Your certificate will appear, which you can print or upload to the RANZCOG CPD portal (myranzcog.edu.au); add an activity; click on “Outcome Measurement (OM)”; select Surgical Audit. Add the SurgicalPerformance CPD certificate as an attachment.
- To claim Performance Review (PR) hours, you will need to discuss your SurgicalPerformance outcomes with peers or colleagues. Then you log-in to my.ranazcvog.edu.au; add an activity; click on Performance Review and select “Peer review / feedback of own performance”. You can claim a max of 3 CPD hours.
- To claim CPD hours from evaluating SurgicalPerformance, download the Evaluation form here and complete it. Then you log-in to my.ranazcog.edu.au; add an activity; click on Performance Review and select “xxx”. You can claim a max of 2 CPD hours.
“Since I use SurgicalPerformance, I have no issue with CPD points any longer; even without attending conferences”.
Using SurgicalPerformance makes the claiming of CPD hours an easy task.
Start your 10-case Free Trial with SurgicalPerformance today.