Dear SurgicalPerformance user
SurgicalPerformance is a self-monitoring tool developed by surgeons for surgeons. We receive improvement suggestions to add or adjust data fields regularly and all such suggestions are welcome.
In this updated version we have made substantial changes that we trust you will find useful.
Your current data entries should not be affected.
- Urogynaecology: The biggest change was an overhaul and upgrade of Urogynaecology. We introduced 10 new surgical procedures; POP-Q not only at baseline but also at follow up; concomitant surgery; results of urodynamics; parity; specific outcomes (mesh erosion/exposure); recurrence. None of these fields are mandatory fields and can be left blank if the data is not available.
- Ectopic: New diagnostic investigations, location of the ectopic and medical treatment.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy, ovarian cystectomy: Drainage of tubo-ovarian abscess is a new field.
- Vulva surgery is entirely new and will capture treatment for warts, VIN, Lichen, Injury, Infection and Paget’s disease.
- Familiarity of the team has been introduced to all gynaecological operations because evidence emerged to suggest that team members that work together regularly have better outcomes. There only scant evidence available from the surgical literature.
Finally, we had to update our Terms & Conditions of use to capture Institutions and O&G Departments to come on board. While Institutions may pay for your account, they will not be able to identify you in SurgicalPerformance as an individual user. Institutions will also not have access to information on your individual surgical outcomes. Institutions will be able to collect data on their performance and compare their outcomes with results from other institutions. To see the updated Terms & Conditions click here.